Holiday Collection Schedule
The City of Stuart Sanitation Department is CLOSED in observance of the following holidays:
- Veterans Day - November 10, 2017
- Thanksgiving Day - November 23, 2017
- Christmas Day - December 25, 2017
- New Years Day - January 1, 2018
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day - January 15, 2018
- Memorial Day - May 28, 2018
- Independence Day - July 4, 2018
- Labor Day - September 3, 2018
If your collection days falls on any of these days—the garbage, yard trash, or recycling will be picked-up on the following day.
Recycling Do's & Don'ts
Gold Star Recycling Program
- City staff randomly patrol neighborhoods and perform “spot checks” of residential recycle carts.
- Recycle crats are tagged with either a Gold Star or an Oops Tag.
- Ten (10) recycle carts are tagged with a Gold Star monthly—if you receive one, you are recycling right!
- Addresses receiving the Gold Stars are entered into a monthly drawing for $100.
- All addresses receiving a Gold Star on their blue cart are entered into an annual drawing for $500.
Monthly prizes awarded within 5 business days of receiving Gold Star. Grand prize drawing held in January 2018.
Gold Star Recycling $100 Gift Card Winners:
September 2017 - Sidney Domina
August 2017 - Cassandra Vittori
July 2017 - John Near
June 2017 - Stephen Dietz
May 2017 - Kim Steppling
Congratulations to our Grand Prize Gold Star Recycling Winner for 2016:
E-Waste Recycling Center
Available exclusively for City of Stuart residents and businesses.
- What is E-Waste? E-Waste, short for electronic waste, is simply a term for electronic products nearing or at the end of their "useful life."
- Location: City of Stuart Municipal Solid Waste Complex is located on the corner of 407 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd. and Georgia Avenue. The E-Water Recycling Center is outside the fence on Georgia Avenue (behind Stuart Middle School).
- Hours: Open 24 hours; if you are a City resident or business, simply drop off electronics at your convenience.
- Why is it important to recycle electronics? Proper disposal is important because E-Waste can be hazardous. Electronic devices form a complex mixture of material and components, often containing hundreds of different substances, many of which are toxic and create serious pollution upon disposal. When electronics are discarded improperly, these hazardous toxins can seep into the groundwater, be mobilized into our rivers, our wildlife and to us.
|Accepted E-Waste Items:|
computer (desktop & laptop)
VCR / DVD machines
stereo receivers / equipment
toner / ink cartridges
batteries (except automotive)
microwave / toaster ovens
gameboy / electronic game units
Single Stream Residential Recycling
Single stream recycling is the commingling or combining of recyclables in one recycling container. This means no sorting of recycling materials and no heavy lifting, making it easier to recycle.
City of Stuart residential customers are provided a 65-gallon blue recycle cart.
- Businesses are responsible for generating the largest volumes of recyclables. Paper, cardboard, glass, plastic and aluminum are good examples of commonly used recyclables in businesses. Recycling makes good sense for economic and environmental reasons. It helps to preserve the life of the landfill. It also helps save natural resources, lowers energy consumption and reduces greenhouse gases as well as air and water pollution. Recycling is a better choice that the dead-end alternative to land filling materials.
Recycling can SAVE your business money . . .
- Customers who sign up for service will receive a $1 reduction per cubic yard on their commercial garbage fees.
- 95-gallon blue recycling carts used for comingled materials. These carts can be used for small and large businesses.
- Assorted sizes of commercial dumpsters used for large generators of cardboard.
- The City will provide a free Recycling Assessment to individual businesses to identify all materials that can be recycled and are accepted in the City's recycling program.
Get Started Today!
- It's easy! Call the Recycling and Conservation Coordinator at (772) 600-1206 to set up an optional appointment for your business's Recycling Assessment and request service.
- Recycling service will be added to your account and depending on your business's needs, a cart, cardboard dumpster, or both will be delivered.
- Your business is ready to recycle!