Department of the City Clerk
Records: (772) 288-3599 - Fax: (772) 288-5305
Open Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
|121 SW Flagler Ave
Stuart, FL 34994
As a manager of public information, the City Clerk:
- Oversees the legislative history created by the City Commission
- Maintains and preserves all official records and documents of the city
- Researches and disseminates information for staff and the public, and administers a City-wide Records Management program.
- Ensures the legislative process is "open and public" by publishing and posting notices and ordinances as required by law and coordinates the audio/video taping of all public meetings, workshops, etc.
- Transcribes the City Commission minutes and follows up on all decisions made by the City Commission including arranging for signatures on all official documents, certifying the adoption of ordinances and resolutions, and attesting to Commission action.
- Serves as the City's Elections Official for general and special municipal elections.