City of Stuart
The City is working around the clock to ensure essential municipal services are maintained while we keep our employees and the public safe. For the benefit of our residents and businesses, we are providing information and links to federal, state, and local resources relating to COVID-19 emergency response operations. We hope this information hub will help all of our residents, their families, and local businesses to find the critical resources needed in this difficult time.
Florida COVID-19 Call Center: (866) 779-6121
Florida Department of Health (DOH) in Martin County: (772) 221-4000
Martin County COVID-19 page: www.martin.fl.us/Coronavirus#main-content
Centers for Disease Control (CDC) COVID-19 page: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus
Florida Division of Emergency Management: www.floridadisaster.org/covid19
Florida Department of Health Dashboard: www.floridahealthcovid19.gov
Office of the Governor: www.fl.gov.com/covid-19
Price Gouging: www.myfloridalegal.com or call 1 (866) 9NO-SCAM
Federal Tax Relief Info: www.irs.gov/coronavirus
Martin County Dining: https://www.diningatadistance.com/martin-county
Discover Martin County General Info: http://www.protectourparadise.com/
Governor Ron DeSantis has signed Executive Order 20-315 which outlines that providers can only administer the COVID-19 vaccine to the following groups:
– Long-term care facility residents and staff.
– Persons 65 years of age and older.
– Health care personnel with direct patient contact.
– Persons deemed to be extremely vulnerable to COVID-19 by hospital providers.
THE FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH:
The Florida Department of Health in Martin County is distributing the COVID-19 vaccine to the community, however the supply is limited. The vaccine will first be distributed to healthcare providers, health care personnel with direct patient contact and those who are age 65 and older.
For info on vaccine availability, contact the Florida Department of Health at (772) 221-4000. Floridians are also encouraged to opt-in to receive updates about the COVID-19 vaccine via text. To receive updates, text FLCOVID19 to 888777.
For the latest information on when vaccinations will be available and how to make an appointment, please visit the Florida Department of Health in Martin County’s website.
The Cleveland Clinic Florida region will schedule COVID-19 vaccines beginning December 30 for community members who meet criteria set forth by an executive order from Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. Vaccinations will be scheduled by appointment only and will be based on vaccine supply.
Eligible individuals include:
- Cleveland Clinic patients over 65 years
- Cleveland Clinic patients with certain high-risk medical conditions at risk of severe illness from COVID-19. This includes patients with obesity, cancer, COPD, chronic kidney disease, immunocompromised state, heart conditions, sickle cell disease, pregnancy, and Type 2 diabetes
- Hospitalized patients who meet criteria and are being discharged from the hospital
- Community health care providers and first-responders
Patients who meet criteria can call to schedule their first COVID-19 vaccine dose. The second dose will be scheduled after administration of the first.
Scheduling your vaccination:
Cleveland Clinic Martin Health patients can schedule their vaccination by calling (772) 205-3884, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Weekends, closed. Visit Cleveland Clinic's COVID-19 Vaccine webpage for more information.
Governor DeSantis recently announced a partnership with Publix Supermarkets to establish COVID-19 vaccination sites, which now includes many locations in our community. Here is the latest information on this program:
- Vaccines will be administered at select Publix locations by appointment only.
- You must be 65 or older to receive the vaccine.
- Appointments can be made by visiting www.publix.com/covidvaccine.
- Eligible customers can access COVID-19 vaccine appointment availability beginning Wednesday, January 20.
- The first vaccines will be administered beginning on Thursday, January 21.
- More information, including a full list of participating Publix locations is available here.
Here is a list of participating Publix locations in Martin County:
At this time, coronavirus vaccines are available at 7 Publix locations in Martin County. Click here to schedule your appointment and view a complete list of locations, including:
- Island Crossing in Hobe Sound
- Ocean Breeze Plaza in Jensen Beach
- Town Center at Martin Downs in Palm City
- Old Palm City Publix Shopping Center in Palm City
- Cove Shopping Center in Stuart
- Kanner Crossing in Stuart
- Cornerstone at Stuart in Stuart
- The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommends that people wear cloth face coverings in public settings and when around people who don’t live in your household, especially when other social distancing measures are difficult to maintain.
- Cloth face coverings may help prevent people who have COVID-19 from spreading the virus to others.
- Cloth face coverings are most likely to reduce the spread of COVID-19 when they are widely used by people in public settings.
- Cloth face coverings should NOT be worn by children under the age of 2 or anyone who has trouble breathing, is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
City of Stuart Resolution Number 58-2020
On May 11, 2020, the City of Stuart City Commission adopted Resolution 58-2020 encouraging the use of face covering equipment for all persons while in public within the geographic boundaries of Stuart, Florida.
Martin County Emergency Order 20-17
On Tuesday, October 13, 2020, Martin County Emergency Order 20-17 was approved, strongly encouraging people wear face coverings in public places. View the order summary and FAQs below for additional information and exemptions. At the same meeting, the board approved an ordinance to repeal Ordinance 1140, which requires face coverings in public places.
CLEVELAND CLINIC MARTIN HEALTH:
Cleveland Clinic is providing drive-up and on-site COVID-19 testing for patients in Florida. Individuals must have an appointment in order to be tested.
Drive-up or on-site testing is located at the Martin North Hospital in Stuart, Tradition Hospital in Port St. Lucie and Indian River Hospital in Vero Beach. Patients should call the nurse triage hotline to schedule their appointment for testing.
Triage hotline hours:
The caller will be screened by a nurse who will determine if they meet criteria for testing.
Patients who meet criteria for COVID-19 testing will be given an appointment and directed to the testing location. Anyone over the age of 16 who has a fever and respiratory illness (such as cough, runny nose, sneezing) or any patient with a fever and gastrointestinal illness (such as diarrhea, vomiting) is eligible for testing.
When patients arrive at the drive-through, they will first have their temperature taken.
Patients who do not have a fever will NOT be tested.
Testing site hours:
Martin North Hospital
200 SE Hospital Ave.
Stuart, Florida 34994
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Martin Health at St. Lucie West
1095 NW St. Lucie West Blvd.
Port St. Lucie, Florida 34986
Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Indian River Hospital | Patient Pavilion
1000 36th Street
Vero Beach, Florida 32960
Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. - 3 p.m.
FLORIDA COMMUNITY HEALTH CENTERS, INC:
FCHC is performing drive-thru testing for COVID-19 at their Indiantown Center location, at 15858 SW Warfield Boulevard, by appointment. Individuals are requested to call to setup an appointment for screening, evaluation, and testing at (772) 597-3596. Telehealth appointments are also available. For more information, visit fchcinc.org.