- Commercial Recycling
- E-Waste Recycling Center
- Gold Star Recycling Program
- Single Stream Recycling
Businesses are responsible for generating the largest volumes of recyclables. Good examples of commonly used recyclables in businesses include:
Recycling makes good sense for economic and environmental reasons. It helps to preserve the life of the landfill. It also helps save natural resources, lowers energy consumption and reduces greenhouse gases as well as air and water pollution. Recycling is a better choice that the dead-end alternative to land filling materials.
Recycling Can Save Your Business Money
Customers who sign up for service will receive a $1 reduction per cubic yard on their commercial garbage fees.
95-gallon blue recycling carts used for comingled materials. These carts can be used for small and large businesses.
Assorted sizes of commercial dumpsters used for large generators of cardboard.
The City will provide a free Recycling Assessment to individual businesses to identify all materials that can be recycled and are accepted in the City's recycling program.
Get Started Today!
It's easy! Call the Recycling and Conservation Coordinator at 772-600-1206 to set up an optional appointment for your business's Recycling Assessment and request service. Recycling service will be added to your account and depending on your business's needs, a cart, cardboard dumpster, or both will be delivered.
Your business is ready to recycle!
- City staff randomly patrol neighborhoods and perform "spot checks" of residential recycle carts.
- Recycle carts are tagged with either a Gold Star or an Oops Tag.
- Ten recycle carts are tagged with a Gold Star monthly-if you receive one, you are recycling right!
- Addresses receiving the Gold Stars are entered into a monthly drawing for $100.
- All addresses receiving a Gold Star on their blue cart are entered into an annual drawing for $500.
- Monthly prizes awarded within 5 business days of receiving Gold Star. Grand prize drawing held in January 2019.
Congratulations Gold Star Recycling Winners!
- December 2018: Ted Astolfi
- November 2018: Kari Willis
- October 2018: Patricia D'Ambrosio
Single stream recycling is the commingling or combining of recyclables in one recycling container. This means no sorting of recycling materials and no heavy lifting, making it easier to recycle.
City of Stuart residential customers are provided a 65-gallon blue recycle cart.